- Dabirian, S., and C. Miles. 2017. Antitranspirant application increases grafting success of watermelon. HortTechnology 27:494–501.
- Dabirian, S., and C. Miles. 2017. Increasing survival of grafted watermelon seedlings using a sucrose application. HortScience 52:579–583. 2017.
- Devi, P. and C.A. Miles. 2021. Increasing survival and efficacy of splice-grafted watermelon using sucrose and antitranspirant. Acta Hortic. 1302:73-78..
- Devi, P., S. Lukas, and C.A. Miles. 2020. Advances in watermelon grafting to increase efficiency and automation. Horticulturae 6(4):88.
- Buajaila, F., P. Devi and C. Miles. 2018. Effect of environment on survival of eggplant, pepper and eggplant in a small-scale healing chamber. HortTechology 28(5):668–675.
- Johnson, S. and C. A. Miles. 2011. Effect of healing chamber design on the survival of grafted eggplant, watermelon, and tomato. HortTechnology 21: 752–758.
Grafting effect on fruit quality
- Devi, P., P. Perkins-Veazie, and C.A. Miles. 2020. Impact of grafting on watermelon fruit maturity and quality. Horticulturae 6(4):97.
- Devi, P., S. Lukas and C. Miles. 2020. Fruit maturity and quality of splice-grafted and one-cotyledon grafted watermelon. HortScience 55(7):1090–1098.
Grafting for Verticillium Wilt Disease Control
- Attavar, A., L. Tymon, P. Perkins-Veazie, and C.A. Miles. 2020. Cucurbitaceae germplasm resistance to verticillium wilt and grafting compatibility with watermelon. HortScience 55:141–148.
- Attavar, A.S. and C.A. Miles. 2021. Resistance of eggplant grafted onto commercial Solanaceae rootstocks against Verticillium dahliae. Acta Hortic. 1302:147–154.
- Attavar, A.S. and C.A. Miles. 2021. Screening World Vegetable Center eggplant and pepper rootstocks for resistance to Verticillium wilt. Acta Hortic.1302:155–162.
- Buller, S. D. Inglis and C. Miles. 2013. Plant growth, fruit yield and quality, and tolerance to Verticillium wilt of grafted watermelon and tomato in field production in the Pacific Northwest. HortSci. 48:1003–1009.
- Dabirian, S., D. Inglis and C. Miles. 2017. Grafting watermelon and using plastic mulch to control Verticillium wilt caused by Verticillium dahliae in Washington. HortScience 52:349–356. 2017.
- Devi, P., L. Tymon, A. Keinath and C. Miles. 2021. Progress in grafting watermelon to manage Verticillium wilt. Plant Pathology 767–777.
- Devi, P., P. Perkins-Veazie, and C.A. Miles. 2020. Rootstock and plastic mulch effect on watermelon flowering and fruit maturity in a Verticillium dahliae infested field. HortScience 55(9):1438–1445.
- Johnson, S., C. Miles, and D.A. Inglis. 2013. First report of Verticillium wilt caused by V. dahliae on grafted Solanum aethiopicum in Washington. Plant Dis. 97:840.
- Johnson, S., D.A. Inglis, and C. Miles. 2013. Grafting effects on eggplant growth, yield and verticillium wilt incidence. Intl. J. Veg. Sci.
- Miles, C., J. Wimer and D. Inglis. 2015. Grafting eggplant and tomato for Verticillium wilt resistance. ActaHortic. 1086:113–117.
- Wimer, J., D. Inglis and C. Miles. 2015. Evaluating grafted watermelon for Verticillium wilt severity, yield and fruit quality in Washington State. HortScience 50(9):1332–1337.
- Wimer, J., D. Inglis and C. Miles. 2015. Field and greenhouse evaluation of cucurbit rootstocks to improve Verticillium resistance for grafted watermelon. HortScience 50(11):1625–1630.
Our pages provide links to external sites for the convenience of users. WSU Extension does not manage these external sites, nor does Extension review, control, or take responsibility for the content of these sites. These external sites do not implicitly or explicitly represent official positions and policies of WSU Extension.